Terms and Conditions
Be a Fundraiser! Terms and Conditions
Growing Chefs! defines a third party fundraiser as a project created and executed by an external individual, organization or group, for the purpose of raising funds for Growing Chefs! Chefs for Children’s Urban Agriculture.
Growing Chefs! may approve fundraising events and activities that it deems appropriate to fulfilling its mission, goals, and objectives, and which will not compromise the integrity or public image of Growing Chefs!
Growing Chefs! asks that interested parties submit their third party fundraising proposals for approval at least one week prior to the event or activity.
- Use of Growing Chefs! name and logo is permitted for third party fundraisers, but must be submitted for approval.
- Growing Chefs! must review and approve all promotional materials (including but not limited to letters, brochures, press releases, flyers, and advertising) prior to distribution.
- Growing Chefs! name is not permitted on any product packaging.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds or portion of ticket price that will be donated to Growing Chefs!
- Only the final net proceeds will be processed by Growing Chefs! Under no circumstances will third party revenues and expenses flow through Growing Chefs!
- Growing Chefs! is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third party fundraisers.
- The organizer of the fundraiser that is the subject of this agreement shall indemnify and hold harmless Growing Chefs!, its officers, directors, and employees, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, fines and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any claims or suits, or threats of suits which may be brought against Growing Chefs! for any reason whatsoever in connection with the fundraiser including, but not limited to, claims related to personal injury related to the fundraiser. The organizers' obligations hereunder shall survive the termination of this agreement.
Growing Chefs! does not permit the following types of fundraising in a third party context:
- Events that encourage/involve behaviour that is counter to Growing Chefs! mission and/or programmatic activities;
- Events involving the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or those which appear to endorse a political activity;
- Direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, telemarketing or internet).
- Growing Chefs! reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time.
- If the fundraiser is cancelled or rescheduled, the organizer will notify Growing Chefs! as soon as possible. If it is as event, notification will be at least 24 hours prior to the original date of the event.