Chilled Snap Pea and Mint Soup
- 4 cups shelled fresh green peas
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large pot
- 1 bowl
- A blender
- A strainer or sieve
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Prepare a bowl filled with ice water.
- Blanch the peas in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer peas to the bowl of ice water to cool them down.
- Wash mint, and set aside. Save a few nice pieces for garnish.
- Using a blender, puree the peas with the 3 cups of water and ½ cup of mint until the mixture is smooth and silky.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl, and add the ½ cup of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Serve cold, topped with a mint leaf.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Robert Belcham